Fit to fly COVID-19
Frontalis Diagnostic Health Checks: Fit to Fly COVID-19
Being able to fly at this time means understanding the travel regulations of the destination that you’re travelling to. This is to help protect you and limit the spread of COVID-19.
Fit to fly mandatory COVID-19 testing
Travel restrictions are updated regularly and many countries are requiring negative RT-PCR (PCR) swab tests, carried out by labs on their ‘approved’ list, with a fit to fly certificate proving that the PCR test was negative. You will only be permitted to fly if you have a negative COVID-19 PCR test issued by an approved clinic a maximum of 4 days (in most cases) before arriving at your destination.
At Frontalis, we offer the Roche RT-PCR test, most commonly referred to as simply, the PCR test.
How does fit to fly work?
- Book your flight
- Purchase your COVID-19 PCR test
- You will then be directed to choose your date and time. Please book your tests according to the guidance you received from your airline e.g. “72 hours before departure”.
- You will receive your results and certificate by email in 2-3 weekdays (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
- If your results are negative you’re “Fit to Fly”. You can produce the certificate either printed or digitally at the airport. You can also upload it to the airline website when required.
- Check travel regulations before you fly. If your test is positive or you are unable to present proof of your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will not be permitted to travel.
A Fit-to Fly certificate is a medical certificate that shows when the COVID-19 PCR test was taken, where, by which laboratory and on whom the test was taken. The certificate also names the GMC registered doctor who validated the test result. This will be sent to you as a pdf. An example can be found below.
Our certificate includes the following information
- Test Name (RT PCR Test)
- Test ID (individual to each customer)
- Test DateSample Date (date the test is performed)
- Name of Customer
- Passport/ID number
- Date of Birth
- Report summary and signature from GMC register doctor
- Details of the VendorDetails of the Testing Laboratory (UKAS and ISO registered to complete tests in the UK)
Book a treatment with Frontalis
Ruth Parsons, RGN, Dip HE, INP (Independent Nurse Prescriber) is the principal and founder of Frontalis. A lifelong native of Bristol, Ruth is a Registered Nurse with 13 years’ experience in Acute Medicine, A&E, general nursing, and as a GP Practice Nurse. Ruth has also spent four years’ working as a Surgical Nurse within cosmetic surgery and has qualified as an Aesthetician specialising in muscle relaxing injections, dermal fillers and other skin rejuvenation techniques.